Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy July!






Wow, what a summer it has been! It seams like we are just getting started with summer and now it is already half over. I was at Target (where I amwhen nt at home or work) and they had started getting out the school supply stuff. The summer gear was already on sale for 30% off. Good deals by the way. So to catch everyone up, Bentlee had her first week of swim lessons. They went fine but I think she was a little old for the baby swimmers class. She hated me holding her in the pool and just wanted me to let her go. Of course I didn't, but by the end of the week when we were putting their faces in the water and kicking and laying on them on their stomachs she seemed to be more interested and have more fun. My cousin had her beautiful baby, Margaret (Maggie) Grace. Allyson did great through labor and I was so blesses to be there with her! Maggie is so sweet and has her mommy's eyes. Bentlee was not too thrilled when I was holding her. Maybe a preview of things to come? We finally finished the playroom and it looks awesome! Bentlee loves it and we enjoy having a place to watch TV, be on the computer, and have her toys all in one space. I hosted my first baby shower at the house for my good friend, Sarah. She is due in August with a little boy! Bentlee cannot wait to meet her new playmate! Let's see what else. Oh, we hosted a July 4th party for 3 other couples and their children. It was a blast just to swim, eat and enjoy the company. We went to see the fireworks that our country club does. We all sat on the golf course while the kids ran around. I have never seen Bentlee so excited. She loved the fireworks and was signing "more" when they were finished. Oh, I forgot, we went to one of the neighborhood parades that morning. We decorated her car with flags and garland. Very patriotic. She was also in her school parade earlier in the week. She got her last shot last week until she is 4! Finally a break. I counted all the shots she has had in her life and I think it was 22 or 23! Too many for those chubby thighs. And I can't forget, I was sick again with some stomach bug. This was so bad I ended up at the doctor. I was miserable for 5 days. Luckily Nick and Bentlee did not get. I have no idea how they didn't but I really don't care as long as they didn't catch it! We celebrated our 6th anniversary on the 22nd of June. Nothing big, just dinner by ourselves and a free babysitter (thanks mom and dad!) Bentlee will be spending a few days with her Mimi and Pop in Katy next week. Nick and I are looking forward to spending some time just relaxing and going out to eat past 7:00pm and actually taking more than 5 minutes to eat! July is as busy as June but at least we have a few days to ourselves. Here re some pictures from the past few weeks!

1 comment:

TeamRiss said...

The last picture of her running through the house is gorgeous! She's so beautiful, Brie! Looks like things are great with the Keepers- we still need to see y'all soon.