Sunday, February 17, 2008

What a Week!




Where do I begin...I woke up last Monday morning and was greeted with a child and crib covered in throw-up. It actually was not too bad except that Bentlee had rolled around in it and then fallen back asleep. Very messy to clean but I have seen worse. No temperature but I decided to keep her home with me just in case she had the stomach bug. We had a great day. We ran errands, took naps, and played. You never would have guessed the child was sick except for a runny nose and cough. And when I say runny nose I mean the kind that is nonstop, drippy, go through a box of kleenex runny nose. The cough was pretty bad but she did not have a fever so I wasn't concerned. She slept fine after coughing herself to sleep. Tuesday she woke up and I could tell that she did not feel good but still no fever and thank goodness no more throw-up. We spent the day much as we did the previous day but with a few more tantrums and "I don't feel good mom" looks. She slept fine that night too only after throwing up all over me and the rocking chair. Why didn't someone tell me that milk makes the mucus thicker and thus will make her throw-up! I mean come on, I honestly did not give her 1/2 a gallon of milk so where did it come from? Wednesday she woke up with a fever. Nothing to shout about (100 degrees) but I decided that since we were going in the wrong direction and not getting better I better take her in to the doctor. TANGENT: I can remember when 100 degrees would mean multiple phone calls to my mom, my mother-in-law, and "dada" to make sure that she would survive the next hour. Was she hydrated enough, having the right amount of wet diapers, and being not too sleepy? Scrambling around to find the doctor's phone number (which I now know by heart) to make sure I could bring her in immediately. Now I even question calling the doctor. END OF TANGENT. So we went in and of course she has an ear infection and some sort of virus that was causing the cough. He gave her an antibiotic for the ear and sent us on our way. Valentine's Day was great because she woke up like a new child. We still stayed away from playgroup just in case but she enoyed her day and opening her presents. Nick and I ended up ordering pizza (we were going out the next night for my early birthday party dinner so don't worry) and I was exhausted from earlier in the week. Well, my fun began at 12:45am when I woke up with a terrible stomcah ache. Things digressed from there and I will spare you the details but good news I still made it my party and had a great time. Bentlee had a birthday party for Tristan on Saturday and then we went to the BU/UT basketball game. I still felt like a gremlin was living in my stomach but I was getting better. We had a great Sunday just relaxing and enjoying the nice weather. My 30th birthday is on Tuesday so please hope that I have a better week than the last! I posted a few pics from the week so enjoy!

3 comments:

Swartz's Scribbles said...

Brie... Bentlee is a doll! I hope you are feeling better. I think your gremlin's cousin is living inside my stomach.

And Happy Birthday!!

TeamRiss said...

So sad that you gorgeous girls weren't feeling well last week. Bentlee is still adorable sick.
Happy happy birthday!

Kimberly said...

I still think Bentlee is one of the most adorable littles I've ever seen. Can't wait to join playgroup again!